Kamis, 23 Juni 2011

Living in the future sucks

i believe i can see the future. 'coz i repeat the same routine”

I quote the words above from a band. A rock band (dat's why i love rock. it's lyrics are so frank). They say when u live the same way like you did the day before, I simply call it “you are living in the future”. Why so?
Well, I'll get you into it.
Basically, people like stability. (Including me once. Well, Nothing is wrong with it right??). They are resistant to any changes or new things. They prefer status quo to progressive mobility. At first, I thought this kind of feeling of status quo only happen to those who are wealthy. But then i realize, most people, who can't afford huge house with jacuzzi polishing each corner of it, are also conservative by getting scared to the risk of moving. So generally speaking, the rich man and the poor man sometimes share the one thing in common; Status Quo.
In my last daily life, this status quo had been enfolding me for 7 months. I mean, i spent my whole 7 months doing the same routine as an employee of a bank. To some people, i'm a lucky person since job was somehow not easily obtained in this city. Big city like Jakarta. I'm not gonna say that i'm not pretty much of a grateful man, but, honestly, being an employee is not the part of my life plan. Indeed, fix income, benefits, certainty of life rhythm, financially insured, put me in a cozy life. But having more time with my family, certainly no. I hardly couldn't find any chance to spend time with them.
Surely i can tell you how boring my life was when i started my morning with rushing to office, stuck in the middle of polluting vehicles, never ending congested traffic, horns shout out every second, and arriving the office with body full of dust and dirt. That was not it. There was still more. I worked under supervision. Piles of papers. These papers, are somethings i couldn't tolerate any more. Supervisors yelling at any time they see my desk still bulk with piles of papers. And, Guess the best part of it! They repeated again in the next day.
Definitely i was living in "the future". Because the life in "the future" is the life I was walking on by then. Life in "the future" to me means "the repetation of the life you are having right now and is a predictable occasions".  
So what is so good about it?

1 komentar: